RetroTax believes that your personal information -- including your employees’ personal information, employment information and demographic information belongs to you and your employees. While we collect this type of information when you provide it to us, we do not rent or sell it to third parties. We use it only to provide services to you, which may using the information to research and identify Federal, State and local benefits for which you may be eligible; determine the current, prior year(s) and future year(s) benefits potentially available; recommending and reporting incentives, credits, refunds, exemptions, grants and other financial incentive options and strategies most appropriate to your needs; and upon approval, attempting to acquire benefits by preparing and submitting necessary forms, applications and documents.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES RETROTAX COLLECT?
When clients use our services, there are three types of personal information about your employees that may be collected, namely:
• Personal employee identification information such as an employee’s: Name, SSN, Address, and DOB;
• Employment information such as an employee’s: hire date, start date, wage information (starting wage and gross wages & hours worked on annual basis);
• Employee demographic information including questions as outlined on the linked Form A (https://s3.amazonaws.com/retrotax-public-forms/pdf/FORM-A.pdf) and IRS 8850 (https://s3.amazonaws.com/retrotax-public-forms/pdf/8850.pdf)
We maintain all personal information as confidential. RetroTax shall:
1. Treat and safeguard such Confidential Information with at least the same degree of care as it normally exercises to protect its own Confidential Information but in no event with less than a reasonable degree of care;
2. Restrict disclosure of Confidential Information solely to its employees, advisors or representatives (“Representatives”) and to Federal, state and local agencies when submitting forms, applications and documents in attempting to obtain benefits, on a need to know basis and will not disclose such Confidential Information to any other parties;
3. Comply with all applicable data privacy laws and regulations; and,
4. Use the Confidential Information provided only in connection with the performance of RetroTax’s services and for no other purposes.
We may release account information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (1) comply with law, (2) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements, or (3) protect the rights, property or safety of RetroTax and its affiliated companies, our users, or others.
NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
On occasion, we may provide non-personally identifiable information about our users, services, website traffic patterns, aggregate data analysis and site information to reputable third-party vendors to help us understand this information better. However, this will not include any personally identifiable information. Other than improving our services and providing our clients with the best experience possible, we make no other use of this information.
When you visit a website, information may be stored in a file known as a "cookie." This file is stored on your computer and is used for future reference. If you revisit a website, the cookie allows that website to identify you as a returning guest and tailor your experience to you. Most web browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your web browser's help file to learn more about these functions. The information contained in our cookies is only used by RetroTax. Your web browser will not pass a cookie to a site other than the one that created it.
RetroTax software and systems have industry standard administrative, technical, physical and organizational security measures in place reasonably designed to prevent the unauthorized access, use, loss or disclosure of information under our control. While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, we take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of all information.
YOUR CONSENT AND NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy. Please email us at email@example.com.